1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

RWorld's Journal To Finding 10 Tutoring Students (£20 per week)

Discussion in 'Private tutors' started by RWorld1, Sep 12, 2017.

1. armandine2

armandine2 Occasional commenter

2. AshgarMary

AshgarMary New commenter

That's great! Would love to know how you differentiated (in general terms, not to steal your secrets :D )

3. doctoryes

doctoryes New commenter

That's good to hear. It may be something you did or maybe not, can be hard to tell. Have you ever waited for a bus for what feels like ages and then find 2 the same number turn up at the same time? Tutoring can be a bit like that at times.

langteacher likes this.
  4. RWorld1

RWorld1 New commenter

Hi everyone

What a week! First again a HUGEEEE thank you to all of you. Honestly when I started I did so with excitement, but also with a bucket or two full of doubt. You guys, with your words of encourgement have meant so much.

The lesson with my first students, which I mentioned in the earlier post went well. What I found amazing was how ridiculously nervous I was. Oh my god, I so wanted it to well that I was damn near shaking like a leaf. But the lesson went well.

Since then I've had lesson with 3 others students also. That's right I got my 4th student at £25/hour!!! I think that one really opened my eyes that I'm actually going to find the 10 students I originally wanted to find.

Tsarina - thank you for the kind words, and oh my god when you put it like that what a difference £5 makes. Now that I got my last student at £25, I have a feeling I could have got the first three too. I'm not complaining though, if someone told me I'd be at the stage I am right now I wouldn't have believed you!

Doctoryes - thank you. I'm definitely not going to act like I'm some expert. For all I know I've got lucky, though I do feel experience and getting your hands dirty really does make you sharper at this. Fingers crossed it's not all luck.

Armandine - I know right. I wouldn't have thought it myself if I hadn't experienced it.

Thekizza, AshgarMary - thank you and of course! Check out
    [This comment/section/image has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions]

I credit my success to this resource. It's bloody genius, It helped me realise how dumb some of the stuff I was doing was, and instead made me realise what to do instead. I wouldn't have found any of my 4 students without this. It's that good!

5. AshgarMary

AshgarMary New commenter

HI RWorld your link was zapped by admin, please could you send by Private message (and make a note here when you have!) Thanks

6. thekizzaa

thekizzaa New commenter

Hi @RWorld1 , could you please also PM me that link? I would love to see it!

7. minceandquince

minceandquince New commenter

If you could message me the link too I'd really appreciate it. Thanks :)