1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Russian tastes

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by felltogroundinberkeleysquare, Aug 10, 2015.

1. felltogroundinberkeleysquare

felltogroundinberkeleysquare Established commenter

What to do?

So my son is marrying a Russian from Siberia who is now here. She eats bones and gristle and yet is tiny compared to my offspring. (five three and six four)

The vegans are probably not going to like it.

Shall I just have two weddings one for meat eaters and one for not? Or just forget to go except to the registry office?

The latter I think, and I do enjoy a few ribs myself, if I'm honest.

What does one do in the face of such diversity? Run away probably.

2. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

leave them to it, as it's their wedding?

3. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

Stop making absurd claims!! You seem to forget that many of us can easily check on your stupid fantasies!

4. felltogroundinberkeleysquare

Eh? She got her visa to come over as a fiance for getting married four weeks ago, and they have just secured a flat together, so since you are so insulting, I am reporting you. Shows what a sheltered life you have had, if that is what you think. And as to checking on fantasies, I suggest you are the one off the plot, since I have never written an incorrect word on this website ever. I don't play games.

5. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

I have taught kids from Irkutsk, the Urals including Perm and Ekateringburg, Moscow, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan and Dagostan. I can assure you that the diet of none of these includes bones and gristle!

6. felltogroundinberkeleysquare

However, you are an English person and not a person who has witnessed this fact.

7. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

When were you last in Irkutsk?