1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Russell Group recommends Computing A Level and ICT (as a supporting subject)

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by BrianUK, Feb 6, 2011.

1. BrianUK

BrianUK New commenter

2. BrianUK

BrianUK New commenter

3. I had to laugh at your comment.

Note that the advice document puts ICT in "useful" category along with "Media studies" and just about every other a-level ... please don't make a mountain out a molehill. Every A-level is 'regarded as valid and useful' to uni admissions services if you actually read the PDF.

4. colwynexile

colwynexile Occasional commenter

ICT useful for Computing degrees.
    There we are then.
    However, this is the Russell Group, and it's unlikely any of my Yr13 will be going to any of these Uni s as they've all found various computing degrees across the country to get into, that they are happy with.

5. BrianUK

BrianUK New commenter

Patronising git.

6. colwynexile

That's MR patronising git if you don't mind[​IMG]

7. colwynexile

And I don't see what's patronising. I say none of my kids are going to any russell unis, they've found degree courses for computing using the Applied ICT A level course, and they are happy with their choice, even though its not a russell group. Still, I'm in a good mood this week so I shan't wind BrianUK up any more.

8. BrianUK

BrianUK New commenter

Hey - sorry that was not for you - it was @tosbrown ! My bad.