1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Rural studies GCSE...Does it still exist?

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by clergue, Feb 4, 2007.

1. I have just started at a new school and I have been given the green light to build the school garden. I would like to link this project with something curriculum based. Other than ASDAN, are there any other projects that would link into this? I am very green fingered and would love to diversify as a teacher. I would loove to spend a day every week teaching the more "practical" students in the school about dry stone walling and the like. Has anyone any thougts on this?

2. I have just started at a new school and I have been given the green light to build the school garden. I would like to link this project with something curriculum based. Other than ASDAN, are there any other projects that would link into this? I am very green fingered and would love to diversify as a teacher. I would loove to spend a day every week teaching the more "practical" students in the school about dry stone walling and the like. Has anyone any thougts on this?

3. Hi
    I am in a similar position and wondered if you had had any feedback?

4. Get googling for secondary schools near GL55 and talk to a teacher called Mr Carr. He has been doing it for some years now.