1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Runners, lets support each other!

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Corvuscorax, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Corvuscorax

Corvuscorax Star commenter

just under 3 miles, I'm edging up.

next definite run will be Sunday, aiming to go over 3 miles. Meantime, if its not pouring with rain, may possibly to a little mile or so tomorrow and/or Saturday

lanokia likes this.
  2. Corvuscorax

brill, well done

lanokia likes this.
  3. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Went for a run last night... 3.4 miles... hit a real energised point and was actually sprinting for about 100m...

Felt good.

Corvuscorax likes this.
  4. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Well done!

Rain does really kill it for me... going to try again tonight and then Saturday and Sunday...

Corvuscorax likes this.
  5. MrMedia

MrMedia Star commenter

I was out last night, but with a club. Nothing fancy or speedy - the group caters for all speeds. Running as a recreational solo runner used to be so hard. Running with a group at set times each week is twenty times easier and much more social.

I’ve a race on Sunday and the weather looks a shocker. But you know, you have to motivate yourself for this sort of thing. I’m not fast or speedy, but I like the craic of the crowd. How do you motivate yourself when that weather hammers down? Rain is the hard one.

lanokia and Corvuscorax like this.
  6. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Ran on Monday and Tuesday. Then had a night out Wednesday. Ran again Thursday. So pretty chuffed.

MrMedia likes this.
  7. Corvuscorax

well done

8. Corvuscorax

I ran today, just two miles. I will run again Tuesday

9. Corvuscorax

I've edged down again!

10. Corvuscorax

I've run a couple of times a week, just two milers. I'm aiming to go over 3 miles before the end of the week

11. Corvuscorax

did you do your race? How did it go?

12. MrMedia

MrMedia Star commenter

A morning at the races...

Yes thanks @Corvuscorax, the rain held off and it was a good race. The thing for anyone reading this to remember is that it is not a race against anyone, it’s against yourself. You do the same local races each year and you race against your previous times. The other side is the 'event' or spectacle of the race. Meeting and greeting your fellow club runners (all easily identifiable by the club vest), enjoying the course and the race itself and then the runner's high of finishing, amplified by rewards in the form of bling, t-shirts and photos with your club buddies wearing the medals and t shirts.
    There around 2000 in the race and it was very well organised with pop up food stalls, massage tents, pre-race yoga and decent parking. Best £20 I ever spend. A morning at the races!

13. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

And the git keeps winning!

14. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Congrats btw... after my little joke...

Need to get back into running this half term break.

15. MrMedia

MrMedia Star commenter

Well, my younger faster self beat my older slower self. But I’m determined that next year my older faster self will beat my younger faster self.

16. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

So my hip is finally feeling better... the muscle doesn't hurt...

So I went for a 5K run... felt good... well good now... and now, it's raining so I got the timing right.

Just got to keep it up... as the bishop said to the actress!

Corvuscorax likes this.
  17. Corvuscorax

I'm struggling to get anywhere. feeling really down. I make myself to get into my running gear and get out the door, but give up after a few minutes. I don't have that push inside me to get over the first 1 km and settle into a rhythm