1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Runners, lets support each other!

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Corvuscorax, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Corvuscorax

Corvuscorax Senior commenter

I like to think I am a runner. In truth, I run regularly for months, get really fit, and love it, then let it slide, and spend months getting fatter and lazier, and wishing I could get myself boosted back into the routine of running again.

So, lets just tell each other of what we intend to do, and when we intend to do it, then come back after that allocated time, and report how it went. I'll start. Remember I am fat and unfit and haven't run for months, so my first offering is going to be pathetically feeble!

2. Corvuscorax

I am out tomorrow morning. I intend to go in my running clothes and run home afterwoods. This will be about one and a half miles pavement running on the flat.

3. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Tomorrow. 3-4 miles. Ideally morning but evening is fine too.

Corvuscorax likes this.
  4. BW12345

BW12345 Lead commenter

I'll run things through my mind, skip the hard bits, and jump to conclusions.

5. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Right... going to have to change my run to tomorrow as something has come up.

Corvuscorax likes this.
  6. Corvuscorax

achieved :) it was actually further than I thought, closer to two and a hlaf miles home. I thought I'd just do one and a half, and it was really tough, I am so unfit! But the thought of reporting back to you guys kept me going. Then after 1.5 miles I found the next little bit was downhill, and I could manage that. Then I found the next little bit was uphill, and thought how satisfying it would be to say I had done that. Then it was so close to 2 miles, I thought I would finish that. Then it was not that much further home, but by then I was puffing and wheezing and causing passers by some alarm, so called it a day at 2miles.

I am happy with that as a start, but @lanokia will be able to confirm how many times I have made a good start to getting fit again in the last few months.... need to actually stick to it this time.

Next - possibly a short run tomorrow, but not definite, depends if I get home from work before its too late to go out. however Wednesday evening for sure. I have a hilly two mile lap of the local roads that is what I will do on Wednesday evening, when I know I will be home before 7

7. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Congrats!

I can confirm Corvus is for real on this... sticking is the tough part.

Corvuscorax likes this.
  8. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Well I was going to run.... now raining. Might stop by 8pm... hope it does.

Corvuscorax likes this.
  9. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Right I ran... drizzling but I'm northern (ish) so I just tougher it out... grrrrr haha

26 mins... where is @thekillers1 ?

Get on here lad

Corvuscorax likes this.
  10. Corvuscorax

I am going to put on my running clothes after school and set off home running. It starts with a big hill. I aim to run 2-3 miles of the journey home, but it may not be non stop. Unless there is torrential rain, in which case I'll jump on a bus and run later

11. thekillers1

thekillers1 Lead commenter

Been ill kiddo but all is okay

12. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Ah well ... ok then... when you feel better then.

13. Corvuscorax

well, I ended up with too much work to carry home yesterday, but I ran a bit today after I got home. Only a mile, but better than nothing

14. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Tomorrow I shall be attempting an early-ish rise and run... nothing too long but enough to get the heart pumping.

15. Corvuscorax

good, me too, I'm serving breakfast at the local soup kitchen. So up at 5, set off in my running clothes, run home after

16. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

I did run 33 mins at 6:30am

Corvuscorax likes this.
  17. Corvuscorax

well, I did a measly half a mile, but to be fair, I was carrying two shopping bags, and needed the loo!

but I was ready dressed to run, and I thought anything is better than nothing, and I will do a proper run tomorrow.

Sundaytrekker likes this.
  18. Corvuscorax

2 and a quarter miles, a laundry lap. Put clothes in the machine at the laundry, run down the hill, round the bottom and back up the hill in time to move them into the dryer. 2.25 miles. But hilly!

Next run will be Wednesday, running home from school, aiming to run 3 miles of it.Then hop on a bus, probably

19. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

So I went running last night... 31 mins of running.

Want to go tonight but it's raining right now... we shall see.

20. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

So Saturday I covered 3.6miles... Sunday I did 3.07 miles.

Corvuscorax likes this.