1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Rumplestiltskin

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by PipPie, Mar 14, 2011.

1. We are currently working on Traditional Tales unit of work in my Reception class. I'm promoting the less 'Disney-fied' ones and am focusing on 'Rumplestiltskin' next week. Has anyone focused on this or have any activities I could pinch?
    Thanks in advance.

2. susbo

susbo New commenter

Hi PipPie
    Have at last found what I was looking for sorry but it isonly for Maths and is from ChildEd not NurseryEd but perhaps you could adapt it??
    Problem solving - Rapunzel's family are throwing a party to welcome her and the prince back. They have lots of party food but can't work out how to share it out fairly. Can the children come up with any solutions?hat surrounds the
    Counting - Get the children to draw or collage the enchanted forest that surrounds R's tower. In pairs ask them to compare their pictures - which has more or less trees, animals etc
    SSM - To entertain the bored R, invite the children to create giant sized shape clowns for each of the main 2D shapes. Use mixed shapes of varying sizes.
    SB

3. inky

inky Lead commenter

4. inky

inky Lead commenter

Somehow or other my post got mixzed in with the ones before it.

5. inky

inky Lead commenter

How can you DO this to a story?