1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Rum truffle recipe (can be made non-alcoholic)

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by anon468, Dec 22, 2010.

1. anon468

anon468 New commenter

THIS is (these are?) what I'm going to make for Mr M on Christmas Eve.
    They sound divine - thanks for the recipie.
    I presume they'll keep better in the fridge. Silly question, but how long will they keep for?

2. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

I have no idea as they always go so quickly, but maybe a week.

3. The alcohol tends to keep the dairy fresh for quite a while. My HUGE batches have been known to last for a week outside the fridge. I have no idea if they would last any longer as the office gannets tend to get through them in about 4 days.

I make dark chocolate rum truffles, a milk chocolate and something truffle and the tricksy white chocolate and something truffle most years. I also make a champagne truffle but that is reserved for my mum and sister as it is sooooooooooooo difficult to make (well to make prettily)!

This year I made white chocolate and lavender - caused some consternation amongst the office poppets!

4. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Sounds divine, I've got recipes for lavender scones and lavender ice-cream.

5. My daughter and I made loads of truffles last year (Jamie Oliver recipe) and I kept them in the freezer they lasted ages. You could actually eat them straight out of the freezer which I confess I did on several occasions [​IMG]