1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Rules for Primary age Racing Rounders

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by gogojonny, Apr 29, 2012.

1. gogojonny

gogojonny New commenter

Haven't a clue.
    Sounds like a dumbed down version of proper rounders.
    I would imagine three pupils to bat, hit a ball each with a tennis racket, then they have to run around a circle, getting one point for every cone they pass. Fielding pupils have to get the 3 balls in a bucket to stop the runners.
    Nothing wrong this with games as a Y3/4 game, but I hope this is not for Year 5/6, they need to be playing proper rounders!

2. See my website, on www.canterburybellestraining.co.uk click on 2Start Playing", and you can download the rules simplfied, and blank score sheets. I've got loads of resources, including small sided game cards, wipe clean coaching boards, and discounted prices, on Rounders Enland approved equipment. Feel free to ring me, on 07876 205082 anytime!! Cheers!! Mike Kennedy (Rounders England approved Coach Tutor/ Umpire Tester

3. I have to say that the opening 'rule' on this website said this:
    'Teams can be a minimum of 6 players and a maximum of 15 players. 9 players are on the field for each team at any one time.'
    No wonder PE teachers have a bad rep. This is a flashy little site - get the wording right, please!
    'Right you 6, go out and play like 9 men'. Sounds like England NZ in 2002. Why have 15 when 13 will do....

4. HI u re site is very good...and the informations provided in that re very good and effective