1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Rude pupil advice

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by shades14, May 23, 2011.

1. What to do? I have a year 10 girl who I think, pulls faces behind my back, and sets her mates off sniggering, when I go near them to explain something. When I think about it, it's usually after I've told her off for not doing her work etc.
    I put an awful lot of effort into this year 10 class and try my best, but I feel like I am disrespected on this issue, and it makes me mad !
    The rest of the class are quite nice, but she seems to cause a bad atmosphere, because she's mates with some of them (she's quite a strong character, I would think). .
    Any advice please?

2. What to do? I have a year 10 girl who I think, pulls faces behind my back, and sets her mates off sniggering, when I go near them to explain something. When I think about it, it's usually after I've told her off for not doing her work etc.
    I put an awful lot of effort into this year 10 class and try my best, but I feel like I am disrespected on this issue, and it makes me mad !
    The rest of the class are quite nice, but she seems to cause a bad atmosphere, because she's mates with some of them (she's quite a strong character, I would think). .
    Any advice please?