1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

RTT - Returning after 20 years in Training & Development

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by PennyAM, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Theo
    I have recently completed an RTT course - which was very helpful, and confirmed to me that I should be teaching! I have found a fantastic job in a great school, and the position is just what I am looking for. I am a confident teacher of English, but am concerned that my Letter of Application may not be making the most of my experience. I have not taught in school for 20 years, but have been teaching in training and development roles for 13 years, including a commission in the Army. Would it be prudent to speak to the TES Advisers for specific advice on how best to present myself on paper? Also, would I have to start at the bottom of MPS or would there be room to try and negotiate due to experience? Many thanks for any advice which may be forthcoming!

2. Theo
    I have recently completed an RTT course - which was very helpful, and confirmed to me that I should be teaching! I have found a fantastic job in a great school, and the position is just what I am looking for. I am a confident teacher of English, but am concerned that my Letter of Application may not be making the most of my experience. I have not taught in school for 20 years, but have been teaching in training and development roles for 13 years, including a commission in the Army. Would it be prudent to speak to the TES Advisers for specific advice on how best to present myself on paper? Also, would I have to start at the bottom of MPS or would there be room to try and negotiate due to experience? Many thanks for any advice which may be forthcoming!