1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

RS PGCE Interview at York St John Anyone?

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by ChrisKnowles, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Does anybody else out there have an interview, or has had an interview at york st john for the secondary rs pgce?
    Do let me know if you do/have!
    Chris

2. Hi Chris
    I have a interview with YSJ for the RE PCGE program coming up. How are you feeling about the whole process? Did they take longer than exprected to get back to you concerning whether you had an interview or not?
    Kirsty

3. Hi Kirsty

They took two weeks to get back to me, which I think it fairly normal, though I am surprised I have to wait over a month for my actual interview!! I'm just quite happy they still have places left, what with the governments cuts to RS places...

Do you have any idea what the test will be like?

Chris

4. Hi Chris.
    They took nearly a month to get back to me over whether I have a interview or not which was way too long in my opnion but touch wood things are looking up now, well till the interview anyway ha. Apparently they only have nine places this year but are hoping to up it to fifteen :S. I think for the test ( if you on about the numeracy and literacy) is just basic stuff; grammer, percentages etc I've been told not to worry too much about it and concentrate on the interview part of the day.
    Kirsty

5. I would be interested to know what the literacy numeracy and ICT tests entail, good luck with your interviews, I have a interview at York St John but they have yet to give me a definite interview date :S, keep us updated :)