1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

RS Dept Websites?

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by sharkey21, Jun 22, 2012.

1. sharkey21

sharkey21 New commenter

Do any of your departments run their own external websites for resources and such?
    Do you use your own fully contructed and maintained websites or features of things like yahoo or facebooks
    What schemes and software would you recommend?
    Is it utilised enough by your students to make it worthwhile?

many thanks

sharkey

2. sharkey21

sharkey21 New commenter

Do any of your departments run their own external websites for resources and such?
    Do you use your own fully contructed and maintained websites or features of things like yahoo or facebooks
    What schemes and software would you recommend?
    Is it utilised enough by your students to make it worthwhile?

many thanks

sharkey

3. Lottes

Lottes New commenter

Just sent you a message with a couple of links - may be of some use?

4. I don't have a seperate website, but in common with most other Schools, we have a web page on the school website and everything else (resources, links etc) is accessed via the VLE.
    If I did have a seperate website as well as the VLE, I'm not sure many, if any of our darlings would use it.

5. We have a section on the school website where we store resources etc.

6. Brummy Boy

Brummy Boy New commenter

Our VLE (Moodle) is used very well by students. The main issue is making sure that it is embedded across the whole school. If you are standing alone then the ethos is not there and students will not generally use it. When I launched our resources I kept the pages very clean with a few pictures and relevant revision resources. Audio revision notes went down very well and I spent time designing an iBook revision resource that students loved using. Once they see that it is useful then they are more willing to engage with the other things you might upload e.g. quizzes and forms etc.

7. fpno@another.com

fpno@another.com New commenter

Hi
    This is one I set up a few years ago. Everything except the GCSE resources are a bit out of date.