1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

RS based lunch time club

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by Durc09, Jul 6, 2011.

1. We have a youth SVP group, a Fairtrade group, and we have a crafty club who make religious cards and gifts for festivals etc that our sold in our local churches.

2. durgamata

durgamata Occasional commenter

I've had RE-Art club which created inspiring displays for all around the school - and in a different school an after school RE-Drama group where we had a lot of fun with stories from different religions, turning them into plays and performing them. We did some in Assembly.

3. durgamata

durgamata Occasional commenter

Some schools have a Christian group which meets once a week in the luhchtime - and in some schools where there are many Muslim students I have made the RE room available for Muslims during Ramadan - to relax and talk rather than being around students who are eating - or (in one school where I was supported by Muslim staff) for prayer.

4. ramaduds

ramaduds New commenter

Debates club - religious issues, but also the wide range of moral and philosophical issues. Including medical ethics, sexual ethics, the media, environmental ethics, business ethics, justice, human/animal rights etc...
    Can't get more RS than debating!