1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

RS AQA B teacher resource - exemplar responses

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by believe81, Mar 21, 2012.

1. believe81

believe81 New commenter

Hi,
    I might possibly be the last one to find this out, but on the off chance I'm not, I thought I'd share.
    On eaqa, in the teacher resource section, there is exemplar answers of last year's exams. Some of the questions contains several answers showing the different levels.
    This is a great resource and has helped to clarify my marking as well as I can use some of this with students.
    Not sure how long it's been there for, but is particularly useful as doing mocks and revision now.
    Hope this helps somebody!
    B

2. believe81

believe81 New commenter

Hi,
    I might possibly be the last one to find this out, but on the off chance I'm not, I thought I'd share.
    On eaqa, in the teacher resource section, there is exemplar answers of last year's exams. Some of the questions contains several answers showing the different levels.
    This is a great resource and has helped to clarify my marking as well as I can use some of this with students.
    Not sure how long it's been there for, but is particularly useful as doing mocks and revision now.
    Hope this helps somebody!
    B

3. pete14

pete14 New commenter

Thank you for bringing this useful resource to our attention.

4. san38

san38 New commenter

well I missed that! Will have a look now. thanks for pointing it out.

5. Thanks - that will help a lot as I enter the final furlong with my classes!

6. san38

san38 New commenter

I must be being thick! I can find exemplar answers for AQA A Unit 2 but can't find anything for spec B. Anyone had and solved the problem?

7. believe81

believe81 New commenter

Glad it wasn't just me that missed it.
    When on eaqa, click on Secure Key Materials, GCSE, RS B, Teacher Support Materials, all exemplar answers for the 6 units are there. Hope that helps.
    B

8. san38

san38 New commenter

It does - thanks very much. Was looking on general rather than e aqa - will do that now.
    Thanks again

9. san38

san38 New commenter

got them believe 81 and thanks for your response above on my other thread. Can I just ask one question about the exemplars - as I said above first year with AQA. I notice that all the 'good' exemplar answers seem to be giving the view of more than one religion. Am I right in thinking that this is not a requirement and that students can get the highest levels just by focusing in one of the religions? Thanks.

10. You can certainly do one religion but you need to show the differences in views that exist and from their training course I understand that you can't achieve level 6 without assessing views.

11. san38

san38 New commenter

Thanks deva. That's what I thought - just checking!

12. believe81

believe81 New commenter

Hi, your question has already been answered. You can study one religion but the examiner said answers would need to be very detailed to achieve higher level when explaining religious teachings and answers. As deva said having understanding of two religions helps students to explain different views to achieve higher levels.

13. WillowFae

WillowFae New commenter

Wow - thanks for pointing these out! Just the sort of thing I was looking for.