1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Royaume Uni Nil Points

Discussion in 'Personal' started by blazer, May 18, 2019.

1. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

my nephew has very conveniently organised a wedding, so I won't even have to "forget" to switch the TV on. Set against that, it is probably the only time many of the population listen to music not written by English speakers.

2. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

My favourite ever Eurovision moment came shortly after the end of that when a sweet little girl in national costume presented a large bouquet of flowers to someone dressed as a 7 foot tall demon. It was for moments like that that I used to watch it.

3. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

The overwhelming majority of Eurovision songs (including 31 of the 51 winners over the years) are in English, so I expect the writers of these songs probably do speak English.

nomad likes this.
  4. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

I always imagined that Russia would be an awful place to live, but considering they don't broadcast the Eurovision Song Contest, I'm wondering whether it's so bad after all.

sparkleghirl likes this.
  5. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I thought it had been on for 64 years?

ilovesooty likes this.
  6. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

That's better.

phlogiston likes this.
  7. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

Not going to argue with you!

8. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Well the title was almost correct.

9. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

I doubt you can use the ‘One Show ‘ and ‘ quality ‘ in the same sentence

cassandramark2 and Jesmond12 like this.
  10. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

I watched it all. Madonna was memorable but for the wrong reasons.

Time for the UK to withdraw from the whole sorry mess and Eurovision as well.;)

blazer, minnie me and sbkrobson like this.
  11. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

Well I watched the Eurovision song contest and thoroughly enjoyed every single minute of it. We always do. There are always many people involved in the watching in our living room, and large amounts of alcohol. Three of us write articles on the show (I wont say who for...)
    Anhyhoo
    Well done Iceland-wrong decade, alienating sentiment and shameless inability to sing. An absolute hit with those fifty somethings who still fork out money to watch a (now shriveled) Ten Pole Tudor gig.
    Poor show France-you should not use Eurovision for a message. It is in fact devoid of social statement, and the only exception allowed is the ex Soviet countries indiscreetly giving the highest points to anyone but Russia.
    Australia-oops. "If windscreen wipers could sing"
    Spain-fabulous! Snappy! All you were missing was George, Bungle and Zippy.
    Azerbaijan-brave! you must have spent at least 30% of your entire GDP on the on-stage technology.
    Germany-stop shouting at each other, it is not nice to watch.
    UK-you reap what you sow.

Last edited: May 19, 2019
  12. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Roy Wood's not aged well has he? God's judgment for "I wish it could be Christmas every day" if you ask me.

blazer likes this.
  13. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

‘ Shut up about it , shut up about it ! ‘ . I want this as a v annoying ringtone . As it was the only ‘hook’ I recalled out of the 26 songs - this was my winner :):D

14. peakster

peakster Star commenter

I saw a bit of the winning song this morning - actually it sounded OK.

My Daughter went to a Eurovision party last night.

15. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Can't we let ITV have it then at least it won't be coming out of the licence fee.

Ivartheboneless likes this.
  16. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

Indeed, if Simon Cowell is so wonderful let him try to organise a winning song for us, it might wipe the smug grin off his face.

17. Mrsmumbles

Mrsmumbles Star commenter

Where are her clothes? Where, where? They ought to dress properly, these warblers!

18. Mrsmumbles

Mrsmumbles Star commenter

He shares the same DNA as British shorthair cats....and poor old Grumpy, rest her soul...

585068BC-25AA-4E5C-914C-6300CB0B674B.jpeg FA4FF76B-C64E-4C66-A2AE-E48E500C7186.jpeg

19. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

The Netherlands. I'm thrilled. I watched every minute and I'm considering going next year.

20. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

I watched every minute of that as well
    Perfect day all round.