1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Royal Wedding

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by Principal-Skinner, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Principal-Skinner

Principal-Skinner Occasional commenter

How many of you folk are attending a royal celebration / drinkies on the big day? Especially if you're SLT, have been invited to a chin chin at the Embassy?
    I find it fascinating how Brits overseas tend to become more British outside the country.
    Just asking.

2. Principal-Skinner

Principal-Skinner Occasional commenter

How many of you folk are attending a royal celebration / drinkies on the big day? Especially if you're SLT, have been invited to a chin chin at the Embassy?
    I find it fascinating how Brits overseas tend to become more British outside the country.
    Just asking.

3. Nothing going on here as far as I know, although I don't really mix in the Embassy circle anyway. Funny how one reminisces about things at home but the royal family is not one of them for me I'm afraid. Would love to use it as an excuse for a day off though - might try that.

4. the evil tokoloshe

the evil tokoloshe New commenter

Thankfully I have not taken leave that day after a nice break. Thus I will head to my office, go through the (no doubt) hundreds of emails I will have, reply to a few of them, mess around in the lab for a short while, then retire to the pub to watch cricket on the telly.
    I really don't see the reason for all the fuss. I did notice Sky discussing the young lady losing weight rapidly the other morning, they didn't mention the A or the B words, but were certainly pushing that way. Hopefully just to make sure she can enjoy the reception.

5. bigfatgit

bigfatgit New commenter

Sky also reported the meeting between Kate and Her Maj in which Kate ask for the secret of a long and happy marriage to which the Queen replied, "Don't p iss One off and wear a seat belt"

6. Our preparations are well underway for holding a street party in Tahrir Square, Cairo. Union Jack bunting will be hung on street lights around the Cairo Museum area and the event will be broadcast live on big screen. Alternative venues are being planned along the Nile Corniche, depending on demand and availability. See you down there on Friday, 29th April!

7. I'm sure the guests will be delighted to play mandingo on your bag pipes!

8. SMT dude

SMT dude New commenter

9. SMT dude

SMT dude New commenter

lovely.