1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Royal Wedding!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by cambsgirl, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Good evening!
    So, it is nearly upon us, and I am sure lots of us are planning to make the week of the Royal Wedding fun, fun, fun! I am in the process of coming up with some interesting ideas to tempt the children into school for the few days beforehand (not the Easter hols for us!)
    So far, I've thought: Wedding breakfast, royal ball, creating a wedding in the field...
    Anybody got any other ideas? I have a KS1 class and would be interested to hear what you are all doing!
    xx

2. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

I know I'm going to sound a right old misery, but I can't see that it's anything to celebrate. I can't stand the royals, and wish they'd all go and get a proper job and stop sponging off the rest of us.
    I'm happy to celebrate princes and princesses as part of a fairytale topic, but wouldn't do anything about the Windsors.

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Make a golden coach from junk?

Write invitations to the wedding?

Write thank you letters for presents?

Problem solving maths based on guests/presents/food/etc.

Role play being Wils and Kate.

I'm a total royalist and wish I had year 1/2 and not year 6 a fortnight before SATs! Though we will be doing a lot of the above as well!