1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Royal Wedding Parties

Discussion in 'Personal' started by BelleDuJour, Feb 17, 2011.

1. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

Marriage used to be a life sentence!

2. Andy_91

Andy_91 New commenter

I've also wondering where there might be some bird spells? The possibilities of mobilising London's pigeon population to dive-bomb Westminster appeals...
    And if they remove Brian's tent, that will be the last straw.

3. some silly tarts on my street want to close the road to 'enjoy this opprtunity to watch our future King get married' *** off. the idea of eating in the street with my neighbours, all of whom I have spent a decade politely nodding to, but not befriending, is just so awful.
    Up the revolution! I can't believe we're getting a day off for this trivial event in the lives of two people who have no impact on me at all. I have GCSE practicals the week after - I may well be going into school anyway to help kids prepare - a few have already asked...

4. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Don't be so boring Flutts! Not like you to turn down an excuse to party!
    [​IMG]
    You need neighbours like ours............lovely people and total party animals.
    Our party is at our gaff, not in the street......we are inviting friends and neighbours we know and like. Not random strangers who live close by.

5. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

6. what is? i like the idea of a party and s o d the reason for it, too - round here the patriots go for st george's day - we add in it's shakespeare's birthday and declaim a few speeches between drinks
    andy - 2 people are getting married. i couldn't give a toss about them, their families or their relationship with the citizens of this country. i doubt i'll even look at the dress
    but to want someone's wedding day to be spoilt is mean and miserable and to do it as you are in public is to show yourself up for the nasty 3 year old you seem to be emotionally

7. BelleDuJour

I to don't understand why someone would want to be bitchy, nasty and wishing ill will on a couple who are getting married..............whoever they are.
    Like I said, we are just using it as an excuse to party.

8. There was something on the news yesterday about the American interest in the Royal Wedding. Apparently the news networks over there will broadcast just about anything connected with the wedding that they can get their hands on. There are tours of Kate Middleton's childhood area and I'm sure that it will bring in some tourists. Anything that boosts our economy at this time is a Good Thing, IMO.
    I think Belle's party sounds lovely - hope it goes well.
    Don't know what I'll do on the day but I will try and show my little girls some of the pomp and ceremony because it's part of our history and I think there's something important in that. I relish the idea of an extra day at home with my family, regardless of the reason. We're all winners in it really aren't we?

9. Shifter

Shifter New commenter

Yes, well said Poem - I'm not a Royalist, but I'll happily raise a glass to them

10. BelleDuJour

That's a fair point.
    And that one too!
    We are, yes.

11. Shifter

Shifter New commenter

Oi, Belle - I just texted you

12. Hooray! [​IMG]

13. [​IMG]

Pope .."pssst...did you get an invite to Belle's party"?
    Charlie.."Yes, but don't tell the missus."

14. Shifter

Shifter New commenter

Harry's sorted the Stag Do
    [​IMG]

15. I doubt if Charlie will go . He hasn't recovered from the last time we took him down the The Merry Whippet.

[​IMG]

16. Shifter

Shifter New commenter

Yes, I remember when you said it was his round:
    [​IMG]

17. He scored at the "grab a granny night" in The Miner's Lunchbox

[​IMG]

18. Shifter

Shifter New commenter

Guess who aint coming to dinner
    [​IMG]

19. BelleDuJour

Thanks guys.....you do bring a smile to my face on a seasonally cold and wet Monday in February! [​IMG]

20. [​IMG]

Silvio treats Charlie's claim that he will be the first to pull some posh totty with a little disdain.