1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Royal Wedding Parties

Discussion in 'Personal' started by BelleDuJour, Feb 17, 2011.

1. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

It's OH's birthday and not long after mine so we are having a party. Not for the wedding, for our birthdays, but we appreciate the day off to get things ready.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Avoiding it like the plague. Probably going camping for the weekend. Will the roads be quiet?

3. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

I am considering a masked ball but royal lookalike masks only, a less tasteful version of a tarts and vicars wedding.

Unless belle lives locally
    ^|^
    hint

4. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

I suspect I live many miles from you lurk as I am very close to the bride's original school, which she left to go to Marlborough as she didn't settle in very well (it's an all girls school so maybe the cynic in me thinks she found it a less than satisfactory hunting ground for princes and the like).
    You are though, most welcome. TESSERS have already accepted gilded invites to 'Belle Towers' for this event.
    Kate and Wills had to decline though, as they are busy that day [​IMG]

5. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

Sorry invite never arrived, do I blame the postman?

6. catmother

catmother Star commenter

I certaintly don't expect any around here but the day off is very nice. Especially as that day was meant to be an inset and now they've made the Thusday the inset day instead.

7. Do you think the fact that we are flying out of the country on the day of the wedding will mean the airport is less busy?
    Or will we be doomed to even more security checks?

8. BelleDuJour

All invites have been via the medium of the internet (or over the garden fence!)
    You are welcome Lapin, should you wish to come along [​IMG]

9. henriette

henriette New commenter

...in which case you are near me, which I didn't know - although I am closer to her primary school than her 1st secondary!

10. BelleDuJour

Then you are most welcome to join the merry throng!
    PM me if you'd like to join me and the other TESSERS on 29th April [​IMG]

11. Shifter

Shifter New commenter

I notice the real 'do' will be couth - they're not inviting Fergie

12. RJR_38

RJR_38 New commenter

Oh heck - I haven't even thought that far ahead yet!! OH will undoubtedly be working (Met police) so it won't be anything majorly exciting I'm sure :( Am glad of the extra day off though!!

13. BelleDuJour

OH's family are friends of the Fergusons.
    We shall not be inviting her either.
    *Belle ducks for quoting Shifter*

14. Shifter

Shifter New commenter

Yes, but you do it with ladylike panache - but still annoying

15. BelleDuJour

Shifter....you know I do everything with ladylike panache! [​IMG]

16. Shifter

Shifter New commenter

Your skills at removing corks are second to none

17. BelleDuJour

I have been told that on many occassions Shifter, but I like to practice just to keep on tip top form!

18. Shifter

Shifter New commenter

I try hard to emulate your gift for knowing which knife to eat your peas off
    =;0)

19. BelleDuJour

*snigger*
    Will not be serving peas at the party Shifter.
    Thinking of Brown Windsor Soup, Coronation chicken and Queens of puddings [​IMG]

20. henriette

henriette New commenter

Thanks, but we are taking advantage of a friend's holiday house outside Dieppe to escape for the weekend!
    Anyone else on the 23.30 out of Newhaven on Thurs 28th ?? Lapin, will you wave to us??