1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Royal Wedding Parties

Discussion in 'Personal' started by BelleDuJour, Feb 17, 2011.

1. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Well, we can't escape it can we?
    April 29th. Day off and Royal Wedding.
    So, how are we celebrating?
    We're having a <strike>**** up</strike> party. Lots of friends, neighbours and TESSERS coming. Good food, lots of drinkie poos and a fun time to be had by all. Added bonus of a 4 day weekend for recovery purposes.
    What's anyone else doing.

2. BelleDuJour

Well, we can't escape it can we?
    April 29th. Day off and Royal Wedding.
    So, how are we celebrating?
    We're having a <strike>**** up</strike> party. Lots of friends, neighbours and TESSERS coming. Good food, lots of drinkie poos and a fun time to be had by all. Added bonus of a 4 day weekend for recovery purposes.
    What's anyone else doing.

3. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Lead commenter

I've cashed in my Airmiles and I'm going to Rotterdam.

4. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

Nay! Nay! And thrice nay! Its the last day of my easter hols, and MY birthday. How do these Royal gits dare have it on my birthday. Its the first day ever while I bin teaching that my birthday is in the hols. Royals can sod off.

5. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Jacob, you have to think laterally here. Think of all the FREE BOOZE you can score because of the fortuitous collision of your burpday with the royal nuptials!

6. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

Who do I score the booze off? I'll probably get sweet FA off my daughter (no change there then), and er indoors won't have a clue what to get me.

7. Grovel to Belle and she'll invite you to her party.

8. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

Nooooooooooooooo!
    She is far too posh for me. She probably plans tp do cucumber sandwiches, whereas I would want chip butties. And i bet she would end up wearing the same Gucci cocktail dress as me.

9. Think you might be surprised!

10. BelleDuJour

LOL!!! See you there Kinsa [​IMG]

11. BelleDuJour

Burgers actually Jacob! OH is on BBQ duty!
    Actually I prefer Armani but I do like Gucci shoes [​IMG]

12. Well, I'll be on mat leave by then. And I'll still be confined to barracks much as I am now, so will probably just watch it with a celebratory glass of milk to ease the indigestion, whilst doing some ironing. Assuming I'm still actually capable of standing up by then! Which, at the rate things are going, is looking unlikely!!

13. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

I'm looking forward to Bauble's Royal Wedding Quiz. Don't tell me he's not doing one!

14. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

Me too! In fact, my due date's the 30th, so I guess I could be in labour while everyone is getting p*ssed!! At least the roads to the hospital might be clearer :)

15. Phoenixchild

Phoenixchild Occasional commenter

I'll be avoiding all TV coverage of said wedding, everywhere. I may do a "lunch" day with mom,cue girly DVD and several bottles of wine.xx
    [​IMG]

16. Oh hell, blinkin Royal Wedding.
    There isn't one often.
    As we are home for Easter, I asked stepdad to arrange the flights so that the kids could see it and celebrate a bit.
    He has only gone and booked the return flights on the DAY of the wedding.
    *sigh*
    Can't even rebook now, as everything is bleddy full [​IMG]
    However...I am not really a royalist but am enjoying annoying my German colleagues as I have great plans for decorating the office.
    They will have to let me do it - they know they will not win.
    My kids are also annoying their teachers [​IMG]
    (haha, nothing like a royal wedding to bring out the British bulldog...)

17. As long as they're not closed off for street parties!!

18. catmother

catmother Lead commenter

I'm looking forward to an extra day off!

19. BelleDuJour

Well, our party is something of a lunch day with friends and several bottles of wine! Looking forward to it.

20. I think street parties are a very English thing - I don't think they happen in Scotland...