1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Royal Wedding on April 29

Discussion in 'Personal' started by landaise, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Phoenixchild

Phoenixchild Occasional commenter

Oh, I have no intention of watching or celebrating it, will just be making the most of my extra day off.xx [​IMG]

2. blazer

blazer Star commenter

To the Tower with you!

3. Phoenixchild

Phoenixchild Occasional commenter

4. We break for Easter on 15th April and return on 3rd May. We always have two weeks here but will obviously have the May Bank Holiday tagged on.

Will be intrested to see what is said tomorrow regarding the wedding bank holiday!!!

5. Paah! the 29th falls in my Easter holiday anyway.
    I live and work in different authorities, my holidays are completely different from my children's.[​IMG]

6. It's in my Easter hols too. [​IMG]

7. henriette

henriette New commenter

I go back on Tues 26th it seems, so will do Tues, Weds, Thurs , then have Fri, Sat,Sun, Mon off - I wonder how many students will be on holiday??????????

8. dande

dande New commenter

Some independent schools do not have the bank holiday on the Monday. They just have a normal teaching day. Wonder how they will treat the Friday?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Just to say I have absolutely no interest in the wedding at all.

10. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

We have our Easter Hols, then we have a NPD on the Tues, then 2 days of teaching, then Wedding Bank Hol, followed by May Bank Hol and a 4-day week, then it's a short run till May Half-Term! Well pleased!!

11. fantastischfish

fantastischfish Established commenter

We go back on the 26th, so will benefit from the extra day. Schools who go back after May bank holiday must have the shortest half-term on record! Even if you don't break for Whit until the first week of June, you must have less than 5 weeks for that half term!

12. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

Back in... was it 2000?.. when we had another late Easter, here in West Sussex at least we had a 4-week half term between Easter and half term.

13. The half terms are being changed next year so that we don't get an extra day. The Jubilee will fall in school holidays.

14. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

Lapin, sorry,, bread head was meant as a home economics pun

15. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

I couldn't be more delighted at the date they've picked. If I can afford it I'd like to go to Holland for Queen's Day on the 30th, which is a national holiday over there. It will mean I can fly out the day before without taking a day's annual leave and fly back on the May bank holiday Monday.

16. Leicester_Vics

Leicester_Vics New commenter

In my local authority, we were given four dates to choose from across the academic year so that we do benefit from the extra day. Yes the actual day falls in the hols, but we're being given a day elsewhere.
    Think most people in my school have voted for one particular day. The children are not meant to break up until Thurs 22nd Dec next year and then when we go back in January, we have a teacher day on a friday. One of the options we were given was to move that teacher day to Thurs 22nd Dec, so the kids finish on Weds. Then we get 2 full weeks off without having to go back on the Friday.

17. Leicester_Vics

Leicester_Vics New commenter

Saying that though, the wedding fall in my Easter hols. Can't see them giving us an extra day elsewhere for that!

18. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

We had a really early Easter in 2008 I think, so in East Sussex we had a 4 day weekend for Easter and then a 2 week holiday a couple of weeks after that, so a really short half term after.
    My baby is due on April 30th...wonder if they will be a day early and born while the royal wedding is taking place! At least the roads will be quiet for the drive to hospital!!

19. Richie Millions

Richie Millions New commenter

How long does it take for a wedding dress to be designed, made, fitted etc? I would have thought four months for all sorts of reasons is a pretty tight schedule?

20. landaise

landaise Occasional commenter

She may be considered a priority customer, though !
    I can't understand people who spend months/years planning a wedding......and they're usually the ones who split up three months later.