1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Royal Wedding ideas

Discussion in 'Primary' started by YorksLad2, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Hi, Just wondering if anyone has some different ideas for a royal wedding themed afternoon with a year 5 class. Thought of designing invites, cake etc but nothing particularly inspirational really! Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

3. Ah, thank you, I did do a quick search on here but it didn't return the same results as yours has!

4. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

I posted this link in a recent thread and went back to that for you. I think originally I went to Events to find it. The search engine in resources is a bit of a mystery beast!

5. I'm going to show footage of the last Royal Wedding and then draw comparisons and differences. We're then going to look at the Royal Family tree.
    As a whole school there is a cake decoration competition and the winning design will be put onto a cake, courtesy of Asda and the whole school will then have a slice!
    We're making bunting and going to have a Royal Wedding BBQ!!
    Not massively inspiring!! (I was going to do letter writing, persuading other royals to get married so that we could have more Bank Holidays!!!) ;-)

6. Love this idea of showing weddings then and now! mrglentworth

7. The video comparison idea is brilliant, as is the letter writing as we are doing persuasive writing in Lit at the moment. Did you find the video of previous marriage online or from another source?

8. We're making William's fridge cake (the one with the mcvitie's biscuits) and then going to write instructions on how to make it. Should be fun :)

9. im looking at history of royal family, and past royal weddings. theres a clip on teachers tv which im going to use, then complete a family tree using pictures. Then we're going to discuss the importance of making promises (this is what the HT wants everyone to include) so im going to show the BBC news clip which talks about royal duties for Kate, so going to discuss whether the traditional wedding vows need to be extended to fit a royal wedding. In the afternoon the children are going to use travel brochures to plan the royal honeymoon. Ive then got a range of other activities to use as time fillers such as designing a wedding dress, the wedding menu, speeches etc

10. movie_expert, you do realise this is a teaching forum, and this is a post about the TEACHING of royal weddings, not actually having them?? I think you maybe need to do a bit more research into where is an appropriate place to advertise, because here is certainly not the right place!!!

11. Milgod

Milgod Established commenter

Now you tell me!

I've already contacted them about filming my Royal Wedding next year. Not sure if Harry is going to say yes, but I need to be prepared.