1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Royal Wedding activity ideas for Reception?!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by beth9496, May 13, 2018.

1. beth9496

beth9496 New commenter

I'm currently trainee EYFS teacher on my last placement and we're going to be spending 3 days of this coming week looking at the royal wedding!
    I'm trying to tie in people and communities from UOW but not sure how to go about similarities and differences of how people celebrate weddings in different cultures and so forth

Any other lovely activities would be really appreciated also!

2. May2

May2 Established commenter

Can you find some pictures on the internet of weddings in different cultures and compare dress etc. Talk about family occasion, compare their own families to those of Harry, The queen being his grandmother. Can they recognise and name some of his immediate family. Windsor castle will be in the news so may be something about castles. When it was William and Kate's wedding we had a Royal Wedding party and they all made red white and blue flags, we made bunting and ate all red white and blue food. There is not much time but could you have a mini celebration to end the week . We had lots of strawberries and blueberries, you could just have a special snack time

3. PrimaryTreasureChest

PrimaryTreasureChest New commenter

4. beth9496

beth9496 New commenter

Hi there,
    Thank you so much for these ideas these are great! My partner is in the queens guards so he's made some videos to show my class! And we're having a a royal party picnic on Friday!