1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Royal Mail

Discussion in 'Personal' started by rustybug, Apr 15, 2011.

1. What amazing service we've had from them this week. A week ago my daughter ordered a new iPod. Apple said it would arrive by Royal Mail, on or before yesterday (though in another email they said today). Yesterday at 5pm it had still not arrived, so we went down to our local sorting office (it's just up the road, and she'd been waiting in for it all day, so excited!). When we got there the sign on the door said the office shut at 2, but just along from the office was a sort of goods-in yard with vans coming back from emptying the postboxes. We told them about our problem, about 4 of the men came along and talked to us about it, went into the building and searched it for our parcel, with no luck.
    It did not arrive today again, so again we went to the sorting office, again after closing time (after checking with Apple that it definitely went Royal Mail, definitely due yesterday or today). A different man came along in a van. We told him about our parcel, and he went into the building and said that one of the guys we'd spoken to the day before was coming out. Out he came, talking on his mobile to one of the other guys from yesterday, who was at home on his day off. He told me that they had all searched the building again for our parcel last night and it wasn't there. They had another good look this evening but again no luck.
    So, no iPod yet but wasn't that fantastic service from those sweet men!?

2. What amazing service we've had from them this week. A week ago my daughter ordered a new iPod. Apple said it would arrive by Royal Mail, on or before yesterday (though in another email they said today). Yesterday at 5pm it had still not arrived, so we went down to our local sorting office (it's just up the road, and she'd been waiting in for it all day, so excited!). When we got there the sign on the door said the office shut at 2, but just along from the office was a sort of goods-in yard with vans coming back from emptying the postboxes. We told them about our problem, about 4 of the men came along and talked to us about it, went into the building and searched it for our parcel, with no luck.
    It did not arrive today again, so again we went to the sorting office, again after closing time (after checking with Apple that it definitely went Royal Mail, definitely due yesterday or today). A different man came along in a van. We told him about our parcel, and he went into the building and said that one of the guys we'd spoken to the day before was coming out. Out he came, talking on his mobile to one of the other guys from yesterday, who was at home on his day off. He told me that they had all searched the building again for our parcel last night and it wasn't there. They had another good look this evening but again no luck.
    So, no iPod yet but wasn't that fantastic service from those sweet men!?

3. Apat from the one who nicked your iPod [​IMG]

4. I've just had the opposite experience.
    I went to the delivery office to complain that a letter from a bank had arrived already opened. The person behind the counter was incredibly rude, as was the postman who delivered it. The manager was marginally less rude but it took about 10 minutes before he agreed to speak to the postman. I had a spate of 'missing parcels' with the last postman, most of them dispatched by Amazon. Unfortunately the only parcel which wasn't replaceable contained photos taken on a disposable camera. Its hard not to wish ill on the person who intercepted it.

5. LOL true! But the guys at the local sorting office are lovely. My youngest went through a phase of collecting the elastic bands that they drop on their rounds, one time she asked a passing postie for some and he didn't have any. He asked her for her address and the next day he knocked on our door and gave her a big bagful! Her rubber band ball is huge now!

6. It arrived at the sorting office from UK Mail late this morning. One of the guys there (not a delivery guy) recognised our address and brought it straight over to our house just after noon.
    Unbelievable.

7. My local sorting office drive me bonkers! Their attitude absolutely stinks. I once went to collect a parcel from them which had been sent as a birthday surprise. The lady behind the counter asked what the parcel looked like, a question which I couldn't answer! I have never heard someone huff so loudly. She then started moaning at me that it would be difficult to find as they had so many parcels and she would have to rummage through!