1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Roy Bennett books and cassetts

Discussion in 'Music' started by chloetheteacher, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Hello everyone, I'm hoping a music teacher out there somewhere can help me.
    I'm in my second year of teaching at a school in London and I'm trying to sort out the resources in our very disorganised office!
    We have loads of the Roy Bennett books- e.g. Investiagting musical styles, form and design, history of music etc but I cannot find the cassettes anywhere! Have looked on ebay and amazon and what feels like the rest of the internet but they are so expensive!

These books look like brilliant resources but I really desperately need the cassettes to go with them. Does anyone know where I might be able to find or borrow them cheaply?

Many thanks in advance!
    Not long til Christmas!

2. Hello everyone, I'm hoping a music teacher out there somewhere can help me.
    I'm in my second year of teaching at a school in London and I'm trying to sort out the resources in our very disorganised office!
    We have loads of the Roy Bennett books- e.g. Investiagting musical styles, form and design, history of music etc but I cannot find the cassettes anywhere! Have looked on ebay and amazon and what feels like the rest of the internet but they are so expensive!

These books look like brilliant resources but I really desperately need the cassettes to go with them. Does anyone know where I might be able to find or borrow them cheaply?

Many thanks in advance!
    Not long til Christmas!

3. trelassick

trelassick New commenter

Hello
    I might be able to help you out. I think you can send me a PM on here - then I'll be in touch.

4. Hi Chloetheteacher,
    What a coincidence! I have been most disappointed. Ever since I bought the History of Music (Roy Bennett) book at the Cambridge University Press shop in Cambridge, they haven't been able to help me get the cassette that cerytainly was originally sold with the book. At the end of December 2010, I was so desperate, I wrote all the English Speaking CUP branches around the world as listed on the website! All have come back with a negative replay. So, if you do get a copy, any chance of getting a copy to me? Many thanks
    Lechef

5. armandine2

armandine2 Established commenter

I have original issues of the 2 cassettes for History of Music ... they are quite long if memory serves me correctly. I don't think there is much on there though that can't be found otherwise. ..

6. rooney1

rooney1 Occasional commenter

I use them as a teacher resource - I teach in a primary school - they give just the right amount of background information - we don't listen to all the music - just the ones that fit with our units - I just find the pieces of music that i need on CDs - or i tunes.

7. rooney1

rooney1 Occasional commenter

I forgot to say - I first came across these in 1979 when I started teaching in a secondary school - I think we had class sets of the green and orange ones

8. HI - I see you replied to a person back in December about the cassettes for ENJOYING MUSIC Roy Bennett - do you still know whereyou can get them or if they are around still?
    Many thanks,
    Clare

9. Hello! I have been searching for the cassettes for the Bennett "HIstory of Music" as well. Any chance you can help me out as well? Thank you! Best, Casey cjhayesphd@gmail.com