1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Rounding in Y4/5

Discussion in 'Primary' started by sfm_81, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Hi all,

Have an observation coming up and am thinking I will be doing rounding with my Y4/5 class.

I'm going to start by introducing it from the beginning and then ask the children to round some numbers and focus on whether you need to round up or down. For the main I was thinking that the children could work in pairs and give each other money amounts and ask them to round them to the nearest pound or 10p for example.

I don't know if you can tell but I am rather stuck on these ideas! Could anybody suggest something that might get this one moving a bit more? What have you done that has worked well? Not just textbook exercises..

Thank you! Sfm

2. Hi all,

Have an observation coming up and am thinking I will be doing rounding with my Y4/5 class.

I'm going to start by introducing it from the beginning and then ask the children to round some numbers and focus on whether you need to round up or down. For the main I was thinking that the children could work in pairs and give each other money amounts and ask them to round them to the nearest pound or 10p for example.

I don't know if you can tell but I am rather stuck on these ideas! Could anybody suggest something that might get this one moving a bit more? What have you done that has worked well? Not just textbook exercises..

Thank you! Sfm