1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Rounders

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by The Pobble, Mar 27, 2011.

1. The pdf of the simple rules states that you are out if the post you are running to is stumped and that previously stumped posts don't count.
    So, if you are 2 up and a post is stumped ahead of the first runner it does not count for the second runner. Or if you are running 1st to second and third is stumped you can run past it and score.
    Basically stumping now only counts if it is the post you are running onto!
    Click the link http://www.roundersengland.co.uk/rounders/index.cfm/play/getting-started-in-rounders/rounders-rules/

2. Please tell me this is not a score.
    Started at first base? Or was at first base from their own hit?

3. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

Sorry I should have given a better scenario. If a batter hits the ball into the field (ie not "behind") and they reach first base and stop as the ball is fielded into 3rd base say.... that 3rd base is stumped.... then a misfield occurs...that batter can run on and run to 4th and in reaching 4th base... a rounder would be scored. It is the base immediately ahead of the "live" runner that has to be stumped to prevent scoring. As I said before...if that ahead base is stumped and a subsequent misfield, then the batter can run home if able but doesn't score.

Seb83 likes this.