1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Rotten day on supply, nasty children and it's my birthday

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by s4mm13, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Got back from a rotten day on supply.
    Children were rude, disrespectful and couldn't even follow the simplest of instructions. I.e. Sit down please!!!!
    To top it all off it's my birthday.
    Feeling down after a difficult day and not really being able to say anything about it for fear of not being asked to go back again and really need the money!!
    This isn't the first time i've been treated like this at this school, but am pretty desperate for the work. [​IMG]

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Firstly here's wishing you a Happy Birthday! [​IMG]
    So sorry, you've had a difficult day. Unfortunately classes often seem to 'go for the jugular' to supply teachers, it's not an uncommon experience.
    Just congratulate yourself you 'got through the day' and put it down to experience.

3. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

Oh S4mm13, that's awful! [​IMG] I also had a bad day on my birthday too. Posted on Jobseekers - something like Dear Theo I don't know what to do anymore.
    Anyway, forget today. HAPPY BIRTHDAY[​IMG]. x

4. That could have been my post from a school I went to a few weeks ago. There were 5 boys who were horrid. I was only there for the afternoon but came away wondering what I was doing and feeling like a rubbish teacher. This week a different school and a lovely class. It's hard when the class is difficult and to just come home and forget about it.

Forget about them, have a lovely evening and happy birthday!!

5. Dont be too down about it. I have had kids be horrible on supply, just think its not you they are aiming it at but the situation.

6. veni_vidi

veni_vidi New commenter

Happy birthday! Forget them, enjoy yourself, and like someone else said, be grateful you're not with that class everyday! [​IMG]

7. Thank you all. An underdtanding cyber ear makes all the difference.
    This weekend i am going to P.A.R.T.Y [​IMG]