1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Rosemary

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by The Pobble, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Less meat and loads of rosemary??
    Bliss. Rosemary goes well with beans! Delia does a sausage and bean dish that is great link
    Basically choose a bean and add rosemary and whatever else you fancy. Even green beans! And white bean mash deserves a good dollop of rosemary too!
    Can you tell I like rosemary?? [​IMG]

2. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Foccaccia, black olives, red onions and rosemary, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

3. Si N. Tiffick

Si N. Tiffick Occasional commenter

4. henriette

henriette New commenter

OK, this is what I have done:
    • I have 1 litre of rosemary water for faces/hair etc
    • I have 2 ice cube trays of the same for later use
    • I have a large plastic box of frozen chopped rosemary
    • I have 1 large jar of dried, rubbed rosemary
    • I have several branches waiting to be used.
    Thanks for your ideas - especially Si: I had forgotten the money I used to spend on rosemary water for my face in France! Now I have my own [​IMG]
    H

5. Si N. Tiffick

Si N. Tiffick Occasional commenter

[​IMG] Good stuff!

6. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Some lovely ideas H but IMO rosemary grows so vigorously I wouldn't worry about wasting some as more will have grown before you've had the chance to use what you've cut!

7. I have a lovely recipie for sweet potato & rosemary soup, but... ;-)

8. Now don't ask me how you do this, you will have to google, but I very distinctly remember, when I had a garden and a mega harvest of rosemary, finding various comments on t'interweb, that you can make a great carpet and sofa and curtain deoderiser.
    @ belle - waste not want not! I hate wasting stuff. I would be like Henriette and making face water and goodness knows what out of it ;o)

9. FrauSue

FrauSue New commenter

I'd echo the advice to use it in tomato sauces - a nice alternative to oregano. I do like bacon, red wine and rosemary risotto too - yum!

10. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Dry your rosemary in a cool dark place and crumble it up into dry jars.
    It's lovely on fried tomatoes, mushrooms and peppers with a bit of balsamic vinegar. Have it with anything red - meat, tomatoes, peppers etc