1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Rose Review vs Cambridge Review? What do they stand for?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by josephcarter, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Hello.

Could any give me some advice on the difference between the Rose review and the Cambridge review? I'd quite like to know the major (and maybe a few minor) points that each one stood for. It's surprisingly difficult to find a concise summary of both on the web.

Many thanks

2. Hello.

Could any give me some advice on the difference between the Rose review and the Cambridge review? I'd quite like to know the major (and maybe a few minor) points that each one stood for. It's surprisingly difficult to find a concise summary of both on the web.

Many thanks

3. man501

man501 New commenter

Find them both (which are still on the net I think), read sections of them both, scan read the rest, make an informed statement/essay on the differences.

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Quick answer- One was Government funded & one wasn't, so as a Labour initiative or under the old government regime the new government may ignore any advice in either the Rose Review or Cambridge one.
    I presume this is for Uni, so you'll just have to bite the bullet & read them & then make up your own mind which are the important differences.

5. And be aware that there were two Rose Reviews about two discrete areas.

6. Three, I believe!
    2006 Rose Early Reading review
    2009 Rose Dyslexia Review
    Rose Curriculum review