1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Rosacea

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by Lalad, Mar 30, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Lalad

Lalad Star commenter

Is there anyone who has found something that helps with the burning feeling? I've had Rosacea for years and have been able to manage it with creams and antibiotics when it gets really bad but recently the burning sensation on the lower part of my face has been worse than usual. Any ideas /recommendations welcome.

2. housesparrow

housesparrow New commenter

My Rosacea doesn't burn, but my face without longlasting foundation looks permanently very red and an unkind person suggested I must be an alcoholic :( I do find that if I put La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Soothing Face and Body Balm B5 on at night, the redness does look better in the morning, but I still can't go to work without foundation on.

Lidnod likes this.
  3. Lalad

Lalad Star commenter

Thanks @housesparrow
    I dont wear foundation because I have sensitive skin anyway plus the redness is usually just around my nose and forehead (I've also had comments suggesting alcoholism) .

The burning sensation is a relatively recent development - someone has suggested staying out of sunlight, which isn't difficult at the moment!

4. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Star commenter

Hi lalad, I can't speak from any personal experience of rosacea, but I have found Decleor aromessence oils very helpful with other skin issues. They've introduced a new one which is reputed to help with rosacea - Organic Harmonie Calm Aromessence Rose Serum. It's not cheap so might warrant some research if you were considering giving it a try. They do last a very long time as you only need a few drops.

5. Lalad

Lalad Star commenter

Thanks @sunshineneeded It seems to have settled a bit but I will look into that.

6. BrandonO82

BrandonO82 New commenter

One thing that I learned is that hydration matters more than we'd like to admit with most health conditions. Rosacea doesn't make an exception. You're better off drinking water that is as cold as you can stand it to be so that it helps stop the dilatation of the blood vessels. Make sure the water you drink is clean too, or you risk a rash, breakout, infection, or other serious health issues. I drink alkaline water, bottled, buy it online, not gonna say the name here cause I don't want any trouble. I feel and look better since I turned to it. Always drink it ice cold, too, you get used to it after a while. But keep in mind that switching to alkaline is a costly decision, you're better off buying a machine of your own. Water ionizers run in the hundreds, some even in the thousands of dollars, but I found a pitcher that does the job just fine at less than $100 here https://www.optimainstitute.com/water/alkaline-water-pitcher.html Won't say the name cause again, don't want trouble.