1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Romeo & Juliet - A level, AQA, Unit 4

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by debsharrison, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Good morning,
    I'd be incredibly grateful for any advice you could all offer.
    I am an NQT and am designing a unit of work on Romeo and Juliet for A2 level, using the AQA Unit 4 guidance. I am using the the over-aching theme of love, and although I would like students to choose which sub-theme should guide them, I am suggesting 'The Consequences of Love'.
    If anyone could offer any advice re: activties; resources; particular sections of the play to focus on; academic issues; texts for comparison etc that would be wonderful.
    Thank you!

2. Hello. Could I ask, before you get stuck into it, Will this be taught to AQA A2 students at your school?

My reason for asking is because, this text is no longer on the AQA syllabus at A2. Forgive me if I am wrong here, but I think you may be using the old specification. The Old UNIT 4 DRA4 was performance of a script. The new UNIT 4 DRAM4 is a devised performance in a chosen style. The new AQA spec is on the aqa.org.uk website.

If you know this already, then this is of no help at all.

3. Thinking about it. Are you planning for English? If so, 'My Bad' as those young tykes are saying these days.

4. Sorry, I should have been more specific - it's the English Literature syllabus A.
    Thanks

5. Made me smile.

Ruefully...