1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

romantic???

Discussion in 'Personal' started by regencyrob, May 22, 2011.

1. The women in work have fell in love with the Franch assistant
    "he is just so sexy speaking english in his french accent!"
    Which got me thinking do french women find english man attractive speaking french in their english accent?

2. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

Yes, but they are turned off by ****-poor grammar.

3. lucylollipop

lucylollipop New commenter

have fallen

4. They're not too keen on being called
    either.

5. catmother

catmother Lead commenter

No,but I've always found Scottish men speaking French in a scottish accent real attractive!

6. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

i know someone who does that...

7. I wrote that on my Iphone - the keypad is just to small to write correctly - but I take your point over fell and fallen - colloquialism on my part!
    The man was a type and should have been men!

8. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Not that I've ever noticed, although I'd be the first to admit there may be other factors in play there ;-)

Mrs MSB and I went to a Tudor era-themed banquet at Parc Puy du Fou in France last summer, and the hall was divided up into two sides, with us ending up on the French side cheering for Francis I, while the other half had to cheer for Henry VIII of Merrie England. The whole thing was (obviously) presented in French.

What impressed me was how the French performer playing Henry VIII did an excellent satirical impression of an Englishman speaking French with all the accompanying desecration of pronunciation - that was a clever touch. It's always amusing to see things from the other side.

9. Don't really know but I'm a sucker for a Geordie accent from a bloke.

10. I have a northern accent crossed between lancs and liverpool
    Until I go back down south where I spent my uni years and then it changes completely!
    My French accent is quite good - I have been told!

11. Most Continental women find English men deeply unattractive.

12. A sweeping over generalisation I am sure!
    or can you say why this is? Or what you base it on?

13. For starters:

'Bad news, gentlemen: supermodel Gisele Bundchen thinks you’re ****.
    Asked on a recent visit to the UK what her thoughts were on British men, she gave you a hearty thumbs down:

“I don’t like them,” she said. “I just don’t - and I wouldn’t even be able to tell you why not.”'

But there is hope...

'I love British men. I love them and their twiggy limbs and their obsessions with regional football teams and the way that they have to drink eight pints before they’re brave enough to speak to me. I love their pink going-out shirts and polyester man-bags; their awkward displays of affection and their herds of friends from school to whom they refer exclusively by offensive, decade-old nicknames. '

And there's more:
    ' ...there was an overwhelming consensus that British men are rubbish but lovely. “British men do have a peculiar charm … it takes a bit of time before on can truly appreciate them, like British cheese,” says Agnia. Many women seem to think that they’re not very masculine, overly close to their mothers, and outstandingly bad at communicating their feelings. '

14. I know quite a few guys with attractive european girlfriends/partners.
    Your quotes are from one article which rolls out the same old stereotypes!!

15. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Lead commenter

I like a geordie accent from a woman lol........well if she is not telling me off anyway lol

16. like cheryl cole?

17. I know. Couldn't be bothered searching further afield just to confirm what is already general knowledge. It's a bit like the typo thing...

18. Ha ha surely you are not holding a grammar debate against me?

19. marshypops

marshypops New commenter

I hope you don't mind me commenting on your post, sea pink?
    I would imagine that it depends on the "class" of the British man as to whether a European lady would find him attractive (in this case "class" meaning more than status), I know that there a number of women friends (French in this case) who are unimpressed by the mysoginism of their male compatriots and are in turn beguiled by the politeness and gentleness of <u>some</u> British men.

20. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Lead commenter

i am British and i never have problems with folks despising me because of my nationality. Most folk get on fine with myself and woman are no exception..
    I dont have crowds of old school mates,wear garish shirts, drink 8 pints to be brave to be cude in approah,I do treat woman with respect,am polite and kind and spend time for her, not on my own interests......so how can one super model make a comment upon the nation of men as per see...do we allude all french are rude and arrogant because we experience the droves of french students learning english...or the germans arrogant because we believe the feel them selves superiour and hog the sun loungers..or the spanish macho men who care more for bullfights and drinking.,or italians for thinking more about eating and womanising than work...of course they are stereo types!
    I do on the other hand have problems with women wh have certain character traits, who assume that all men should scrape and bow to them,who attack and assume this will wipe out all oposition on the way.....who see men as less equel and insist on trying to boss men.I fail to see that being fanous gives you the right to make pronouncements upon the men group in society.......unless of course you have a wide experience of all the men in that society.Well the lady may.....but I couldnt comment upon that.