1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Roman myth and legends books

Discussion in 'Primary' started by amy9999, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Hi,
    Does anybody know of any good books/websites which have Roman myths and legends...about to start myths and legends literacy unit (year 3) and need to link it into the topic of Romans.

Thankyou!

2. Msz

Msz Established commenter

3. I saw this book on amazon...is it good? Have you used it with your class?

4. Msz

Msz Established commenter

I've used the book with a mixed Y2/3 class

5. Hi amy9999
    did u end up using the romans myths and legends book? Im planning on getting it for this literacy unit that iv never taught and wondered if it went well and was any good?
    N :)

6. I've just taught it to a BA 3/4 mixed group and they found the stories very difficult to access. There is an audio CD which you can purchase to accompany, but the stories are read in rather a boring way.
    I personally felt the language was a bit over the top for children of this age.

7. Hi!

I did use this book in the end! I did adapt the stories slightly though as some of the language is a bit difficult. The children really loved this unit and did some of their best writing!!