1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Roman class assembly

Discussion in 'Primary' started by upwiththefairies, May 8, 2011.

1. I am going to do a Roman class assembly at the end of term with my Year 3 class and wondered if anyone has any ideas/ if anyone has ever done one before that has been successful?

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter

3. Coopdeloop

Coopdeloop New commenter

I did an assembly based on the Romans around November time. I'm pretty sure it was successful. My Year 3 class had really enjoyed the Romans topic and we had spent a long time preparing a re-enactment of the Roman invasion of Britain. As we'd done so much work and made costumes, armour etc I thought we may as well use it as our class assembly as well. The class were split into 2 and each child was either a Roman soldier or a Celtic warrior. The assembly was based around a narration of the background to the Romans and Celts, and then the story of the invasion and Boudicca. Let me know if you want any more info.