1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Rolling Sales Total Unchanged Despite over 10 Sales in 14 Days...

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by myersale, Jun 24, 2019.

1. myersale

myersale New commenter

Has anyone else experienced this problem in the last two weeks or so?

My rolling yearly sales total has remained unchanged for some time now, despite my having made 10 or more sales in the last two weeks. I know that it takes one or two days for the total to update from time to time, but this two-week hiatus is unprecedented.

I honestly wouldn't be making a big deal out of it if this did not affect my Royalty Tier.. but as it turns out, I've almost reached GOLD seller status and the rolling sales need to reflect this so I don't have to wait yet another month for the Royalty Tier update... TES?

2. tesAuthorTeam

tesAuthorTeam Administrator Staff Member TES Authors' forum host

The 'Your yearly sales' figure should update daily to present the data from the previous 365 days. If you had been an author of paid resources for more than a year we might expect to see this pattern as the display does not include sales made over 365 days ago.

We are not aware of an error with this figure updating. If this definitely is the case, I would recommend that you screenshot the issue (over a few days) and send details of the issue with the evidence to authors@tes.com so that our development team can look into it. I'm afraid that I cannot discuss your personal account details on this forum.

The 'you would need another' figure is the one to pay attention to when working out what you need to have sold by the end of the month in order to change royalty tier.

[Richard]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  3. myersale

myersale New commenter

Thanks for your quick reply. It does beg the following questions, however:

1. Why do I have to start creating screenshots of this issue? Does TES not have a more detailed overview of each user's sales, which immediately shows the actual rolling yearly sales total?

2. Can you not simply look at my Sales from the last 14 days? You'll immediately see that I have made some sales and that the rolling total has not been updated on my profile. This should be enough proof for the development team to look into it.

4. I have naturally been checking the 'you would need another' figure, too. It too, hasn't changed. Why would it, if the rolling total remains unchanged?

Lastly, your entire response presumes that my claims are without foundation and that I have to 'prove' them first... You, TES, have all the data - you have access to much more data than you display in the Author Dashboard. Use it and look into the issue. I have started taking screenshots, but I shouldn't have to.

4. tesAuthorTeam

Apologies that my response sounded that way, I did not mean to put the onus on you to prove the existence of the issue. I was meaning to suggest a way that our customer service team would be able to most efficiently solve the issue. I have already reported this to our team to investigate if there is a larger underlying issue and they are using the data you speak of to establish what's happening. My request for you to contact authors@tes.com is based on the fact that we cannot discuss details specific to your account on a public forum for data protection reasons.

The 'you would need another' figure isn't directly related to the 'your yearly sales' figure and are based on separate data. It may appear to you that they are related but after selling resources for over a year you will see that while the latter is telling you about the previous 365 days, the former is calculated on 11 months and the number of days in the month that have passed - this is explained in more details in our FAQs here.

[Richard]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  5. ajs12345

ajs12345 New commenter

Am having the same issue. It hasn’t updated in over a week now...

6. tesAuthorTeam

Thanks for letting us know. We have established that this is not an isolated occurrence. Our engineers are currently working on a fix for this issue.

[Richard]

7. myersale

myersale New commenter

The problem persists. My rolling sales total has not changed despite 10 sales since Sunday... I hope this is fixed before the end of the month because I'm pretty sure at this point that I have reached Gold ...

8. tesAuthorTeam

I appreciate your concerns, our team is still working on this issue. While I cannot comment on your account details here, I can assure you that the data we hold for your account is continuing to update accurately.

[Richard]

9. tesAuthorTeam

This issue should now be fixed. Please let us know if you notice any further issues.

10. myersale

myersale New commenter

Issue is fixed, thank you.