1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Roll up piano

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Seadream, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Seadream

Seadream New commenter

I'd love to take up lessons again as I only reached Grade 5 but I wondered how good these are?
    Can you play chords on them or hold a key down on them for short and long notes?If I love playing again I'll buy (and try and find the space for) a full size piano but in the meantime I quite like the look of one of these.

2. Seadream

Seadream New commenter

I'd love to take up lessons again as I only reached Grade 5 but I wondered how good these are?
    Can you play chords on them or hold a key down on them for short and long notes?If I love playing again I'll buy (and try and find the space for) a full size piano but in the meantime I quite like the look of one of these.

3. I just googled it and it looks quite, well flat! I can't quite imagine getting the same pleasure form playing a roll up piano if you're used to a real one. That's just looking at a picture though! (Is this what you mean?)

[​IMG]

4. inky

inky Lead commenter

What are they?
    Why don't youdo a bit of furtive after-hours playing on a piano at school?
    I have a proper 'piano' but in London own a full-size, touch-sensitive technics piano whcih suits me quite well. The neighbours appreociate the headphones too!

5. Seadream

Seadream New commenter

I've tried after school furtive playing but always get spotted and i go shy or am asked to play in asssemblies (Primary teacher) so I try to avoid this option. Maybe I should go for a decent keyboard but money is preventing me...

6. Seadream

Seadream New commenter

That is the one giggirl!

7. inky

inky Lead commenter

Good luck with your quest, Seadream.

8. inky

inky Lead commenter

Of course, I now play my [sshhhh....whisper it quietly] poor man's piano, AKA accordion.

9. Seadream

Seadream New commenter

The accordion - not cheap either but I could try busking with one to raise some money!

10. Hah - I remember years ago seeing an episode of Star Trek "Next Generation" where they had a rolled up piano!
    They aren't invented for another 300 years.......

[​IMG]

11. Seadream

Seadream New commenter

Fantastic - along with the tin whistle?!