1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Roleplay/Writing Area - Year 4

Discussion in 'Primary' started by louiseelsiet, Jul 3, 2011.

1. louiseelsiet

louiseelsiet New commenter

Great thank you Cariad, I will take a look at those!

2. This is exactly what I need help on too - Romans is our topic, but I have only one area to use as either roleplay or writing or both. How did you get on? It would be really he;pful if you could share what worked and what didn't.

3. This is fantastic! Thank you.

4. inky

inky Lead commenter

How would it work as roleplay within the timetable? I suppose I've got EYs preconceptions about RP and can't quite picture how ir's work with older children.

5. inky

inky Lead commenter

sorry: it'd

6. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

When I had year 5 I used a role play area for literacy. Each of the five ability groups had one lesson a week where they worked in the role play area. There was usually a challenge of some kind there. They simply missed the independent work of the 'lesson' to work there.

Not sure it made a huge difference to attainment, either way, but it definitely made a difference to the enjoyment and engagement which is always a good thing in my book.