1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

role play dentist

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by hannah86, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Hi all!

I'm going to have a dentist as my role play area in year 3 to link in with teeth and eating yet im struggling to find any resources and props to link in with this. Does anybody know where to find these or has ideas from previous years?

Thanks!

2. Hi all!

I'm going to have a dentist as my role play area in year 3 to link in with teeth and eating yet im struggling to find any resources and props to link in with this. Does anybody know where to find these or has ideas from previous years?

Thanks!

3. Have you tried ********** - ks1

4. Have you tried contacting local dental surgeries? I'm sure if you pop in and explain ..then they might be able to give you some free leaflets etc?

and like Gemma said, ********** has some printable role-play resources:

http://www.**********.co.uk/thumbs346-350/sb348prev.html

5. i tried sparkle box but they only have a doctors(i can steal some of them resources i suppose!)
    yeah i might try and ring the local dentist thanks, thats a good idea!

6. oh just looked at the link from sparkle box and spotted the dentist role play. Thanks so much, i spent ages looking for that!

7. On my first placement in y3 they had done teeth and had a local dentist in who made casts of the children's teeth! The children loved it and they made a great display. You could also get those tablets that show you where there is plaque, kids love it, especially if you do it as well!

8. ahh thank you, some great ideas!!

9. I'm about to do a role play for the dentist in year 1. We're not allowed to use sparkle box at our school. Did you find any other role play area resources anywhere?