1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Role play area - connected to light and dark?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by takethatno1fan, Jan 24, 2012.

1. takethatno1fan

takethatno1fan New commenter

My topic after half term is light and dark, and I want to coordinate my role play area - any ideas? I've had a shop, bank, garden centre etc but struggling to think of what I can do to link it in?
    Any good ideas?

2. takethatno1fan

My topic after half term is light and dark, and I want to coordinate my role play area - any ideas? I've had a shop, bank, garden centre etc but struggling to think of what I can do to link it in?
    Any good ideas?

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

A photographer's dark room?

4. takethatno1fan

thanks marlin.
    Any more ideas?

5. roise

roise New commenter

A Bear cave based on Matin Wadell's "Can't you sleep Little Bear" or a light house based on the lighthouse keepers lunch. A torch or lamp shop or a night time scenario with a bedroom with luminous stars.

6. takethatno1fan

Fab ideas, thank so much x

7. Showing your age there Marlin - Good luck with explaining the concept of film ? [​IMG]

8. marlin

Whoops - I suppose so! Seemed like a good idea when I thought of it! [​IMG]

9. marlin

Sorry TTNF - I do normally try to be helpful [​IMG]

10. takethatno1fan

awww, I know you do marlin and I really appreciated you taking the time to reply. I was just wondering how I would explain tp my Y2s what a photographer's dark room is (and its not dark hahah!!!) But many thanks anyway!

11. jessifleur

jessifleur New commenter

Haha great minds... my first thought was Lighthouse and Lighthouse Keepers lunch! Weird how often I reference that book. I might buy it just to read to my class so they know what I am rabbiting on about :D For my class anything to do with stars (telescope looking at the night sky?) and they´d be HOOKED :)