1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Roehampton Part time Primary anyone ?

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by dixiedee, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Hello there,
    I have just got my interview through for the part time Primary PGCE at Roehamton. So excited but so nervous, I have lots of prep to do ! Just wondering if anyone else has had an interview already and can offer some tips or questions asked...or is going to have an interview.
    I have not seen any posts about Roehampton, would be nice to hear from anyone hoping to do this course. I am sure the part time course is a popular one !

2. Hello there,
    I have just got my interview through for the part time Primary PGCE at Roehamton. So excited but so nervous, I have lots of prep to do ! Just wondering if anyone else has had an interview already and can offer some tips or questions asked...or is going to have an interview.
    I have not seen any posts about Roehampton, would be nice to hear from anyone hoping to do this course. I am sure the part time course is a popular one !

3. I had my interview yesterday at Roehampton for full time Primary but they interviewed full time and part time together. Just totally be prepared and make sure that you take an example of something you'd done in the classroom or your voluntary work as they'll ask you to talk about it in the interview.
    There is an English test where you have to correct a piece of work (so swot up on spelling and grammar!) and you have to write an essay but this is more to assess your writing skills than the subject.
    In the interview they mainly ask about your classroom experience - like interesting lessons and behaviour management. It doesn't feel much like a formal interview more of a chat and at the end they asked me about a current educational issue so make sure you have one ready to talk about.
    Good luck!!

4. Thanks louluo, lots of good information. I am going to do lots of preparation this week. The essay makes me nervous I have not written one for years. I will be a nervous wreck. When do you hear about your place ? good luck I hope your successful

x

5. Thats ok no worries! I wouldn't worry too much about the essay it really is just a test of spelling and grammar rather than content. I hear if it is a definite no in a couple of weeks but they aren't confirming any places until end of Jan which is a bit nerve wracking! Apparently it's the same at all unis because of the government cuts. Let me know how you get on x

6. Hi loulou,
    I'm not sure you are going to get this but it is worth a try! I have an interview at Roehampton for the Primary PGCE on the 5 Jan. I just wanted to ask you about the example that they ask you to talk about. Do they ask you to 'present' it in a formal way or is it more of a general discussion? Also - are they asking us to talk about a lesson we have observed and identify how the children learnt etc and why we thought it was good or are they asking us to talk about something that we actually taught / were involved in ourselves?
    Have u heard back from them about whether you got in yet?
    Antonia

7. Hey Antonia,
    Well done on getting an interview! Still haven't heard anything back yet, they said it will be late Jan/early Feb they'll let us know because of funding etc so fingers are still crossed!
    The example they ask for is something that you chat about during your interview so don't worry about making it into a presenation just make sure you can explain about it clearly and be prepared to answer questions about it. The rest of the questions will be specific to your own experience so I'd say just go with your instinct.
    I wouldn't worry too much about it at all, just make sure you're really prepared and have read up on everything and you'll be fine!
    Good Luck!
    Lou