1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato soup...

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by bizent, Nov 29, 2011.

1. bizent

bizent Star commenter

Have looked at several recipes and some say to roast and then peel the skins etc.
    Some don't mention peeling at all.
    So the question is..peel or not to peel??

2. bizent

bizent Star commenter

Have looked at several recipes and some say to roast and then peel the skins etc.
    Some don't mention peeling at all.
    So the question is..peel or not to peel??

3. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Peel. You geta much better result.

4. inky

inky Lead commenter

True. Otherwise you get a load of stringy skin bits that have detached themselves during cooking.
    At least red peeper sins [oops, saw that typo and rather liked it!] slip off easily after a short session under the grill.

5. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

Unless you plan to mouli/sieve the soup, in which case it doesn't matter.

6. inky

inky Lead commenter

True. How I miss my dear old mouli mill!

7. I have a spare one inky. You're very welcome to have it (it's a proper Moulinex one).

8. Si N. Tiffick

Si N. Tiffick Occasional commenter

I roast the veg with skins on and when the soup is cooked, push it through a sieve with the back of a ladle. Some cooks say this imparts a bitter flavour. I've never found this.

9. rosaespanola

rosaespanola New commenter

I mostly find that life is too short to bother peeling peppers and tomatoes so I just leave them on..the result is a bit better if you peel them, but not so much that I think it's worth it! Just my opinion though :)