1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ritual Scheme of Work - Year 7!

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by cecr, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Are they working from any specific text book series? I have sow ans redsources to go with Ina Taylor's Reflections series- pm me if you want me to send them to you, s is an 8 lesson plan?
    good place to start is to

1- 2 explore concept of ritual- in our a)own lives b) in society c) religious
    examples from students experienec- b'days,weddings, memorials etc.

3-4 Why do we have them- a)milestones in life b) symbol and meaning
    Analyse marriage ritual in 2 or more religious traditions identifyingsignificance of music,silence,colour,food,clothing etc.

5-6 (At2 opportunity )Students design marriage ritual of their choice- explaining sig/meaning of chosen symbolism, dress, colours etc.

just some rough ideas. good luck, dont panic, plenty of people on here to give you a hand. check restuff.
    you could also take a festival dep. on what time of year it is...e.g,. for oct/nov dia del meurtos is very interesting, lots of creative potential.