1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Risk assessments

Discussion in 'School trips' started by crumblebucket, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Can anyone confirm who should carry out a risk assessment for a sponsored walk - ie by walking it in advance? Does it have to be a member of staff (teaching or otherwise) or can it be a parent?
    Thanks

2. Can anyone confirm who should carry out a risk assessment for a sponsored walk - ie by walking it in advance? Does it have to be a member of staff (teaching or otherwise) or can it be a parent?
    Thanks

3. blazer

blazer Star commenter

As lopng as the Risk assessment meets the requirments of your LEA and all the adults on the walk are briefed on it and adhere to it i don't think it matters. Your EVC/Headteacher will still have to sign off on it though no matter who does it.

4. Many thanks.

5. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Does your school have a proforma for risk assessments? If it does then give a blank to the parent.

if you pm me with an email address I'll send you a copy of the one we use in Birmingham.