1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Risk assessments when pregnant

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by spiderkin, Apr 27, 2011.

1. i didn't get one done and was told by several colleagues that they never had one done for their pregnancies either....

2. I had one done when I was 6 weeks' pregnant. Resulted in HR getting me a car parking space pronto as my pelvis was so bad at that stage that I was struggling to walk the 10 mins from where I parked into work.
    Think I was sposed to have one at 6 months, but by then I was having to work from home.
    You should demand one if it's not forthcoming.

3. I had one done but only because I pushed for it. I was feeling really ill at the time and wanted to have the workload eased off a bit. It was an absolute waste of time. I had a very quick chat with someone who told me not to lift anything heavy and sit down if I needed to. I thought there would be a form to fill in but there wasn't (i'm sure there should have been!). If I were you I would insist on having one anyway just so that you've covered yourself. Good luck

4. GemLP

GemLP New commenter

Employers legally have to complete a risk assessment. If you look on your unions website there is advice on it there. Most schools will do it, but you have to arrange it via your H&S officer. Hope this helps? There are a couple of threads on here about them and how they vary I think ...! x