1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Risk assessment: Paris

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by ducs, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Hello
    Does anybody have a generic risk assessment for sight seeing and disneyland that they would be wiling to share with me so that I could adapt it for a trip I am organising?

2. Cestrian

Cestrian New commenter

I have one which covers Stade de France, Eiffel Tower, Boat Trip and a day in Parc Astérix - any good to you?
    C

3. Cestrian - we are planning a day in Paris as part of our French trip this year - for the first time in many years. We usually stick to more local activities. Which boat company did you use ? Any tips on the Eiffel tower - timings, how far to go up etc. How long it takes to do Eiffel Tower etc? Grateful for any bits of advice you can offer.

4. Cestrian

Cestrian New commenter

We started off at the Stade de France at about 10.00 (a great visit, I really recommend it), then moved on by coach to the Eiffel Tower for 12.30. You HAVE to book groups online in advance, then get in the group bookings queue within 30 mins of your chosen time. It was a bit fraught as it was so busy (a Saturday) but fine in the end. We went up to the 2nd level (only 1 lift goes from here to the very top so it takes ages to get a whole group up then down), and then came down to the 1st. You need plenty of time for pupils to see things and take photos. We had booked with Bateaux Parisiens for 2.00 (they are right at the foot of the Tower) and although a bit later than we had anticipated, it wasn't a problem for them. Boat trip takes about an hour, great gizmos for listening to the commentary in any language. Visit to the Arc de Triomphe was only quick, as there was such a long queue to go up the stairs to the top, so we just stayed on the ground. This was a first trip into Paris for us to, as we usually go to Normandy. Went to Fontainebleau castle, an amazing place which even the pupils enjoyed.

5. jekkers

jekkers New commenter

Redpens - we went up the Eiffel Tower with 40 kids in January 2 years ago. We walked up, as there were no queues and it's much cheaper.

The kids scampered up to the top, whereas I took a more leisurely pace (calling for oxygen when I reached the 2nd floor).

6. Thanks for the advice Cestrian and Jekkers - yes we went up on foot as a family. I'm all for not queuing! Glad that it is doable as a group!

7. We go every year with 50 Year 7s...and we walk them up the Tower too - we only go to the first floor, give them 45 minutes to take pics and buy an overpriced crepe!

8. Cestrian, that would be perfect, my mind has gone blank re my email address though and I want to make sure I get it right so I will put another post on again when I get home tonight with my email address. Many thanks.

9. FAO Cestrian
    Here is my email address, if you could email me the risk assessments you mentioned that would be fantastic,
    bobcat.2006@hotmail.co.uk

many thanks

10. addled13

addled13 New commenter

Hello Cestrian

I would be really grateful if you could let me have a copy of your risk assessments too. My address is caroline_mckinlay@hotmail.com Thanks!

11. Hi everyone,

I am going to Paris at the end of November for a day trip with a really small group of students. The school has never done a trip to Paris before so I'd love it if anyone could share their risk assessment with me too : croquemadame14@yahoo.co.uk. I'll let everyone know how it went afterwards!

12. loislane1

loislane1 New commenter

Hi if any one can email the risk assessments to paris going to disneyland, effiel tower and shopping mall by train, euro tuner and bus!

please help they are also special needs children! with lots of medical needs!

tllee@btinternet.com
    thanks in advance tracy

13. Hello Cestrian

I would be extremely grateful if you could let me have a copy of your risk assessments for the Eiffel tower too. My address is steph.yeschemski@virgin.net Many Thanks!

14. Cestrian

Cestrian New commenter

You both have mail.
    Cestrian

15. Would you be kind enough to send it to me a copy of this risk assessment please?

Many thanks

henapen (at) email (dot) com

16. May I also beg a copy of this highly prized document? I would be ever so grateful.

danielnormanwires{at}hotmail{dot}com

Many thanks!

17. Cestrian

Cestrian New commenter

It's on its way to you both
    Cestrian

18. Hello
    If you're still there, I would much appreciate the Eiffel Tower risk assessment as well!
    madamelawson@yahoo.co.uk
    Merci d'avance!

19. Cestrian

Cestrian New commenter

You have mail too, Sarah

20. TES Resource Team

TES Resource Team Occasional commenter Institute Enrolment Advisor

Dear Cestrian

Great to see so many teachers have benefitted from your Paris risk assessment resource.
    We in the TES Resources team were wondering if you might like to share this with more teachers using the resource bank, as we are currently working on a piece for the TES magazine for MFL teachers. The topics is risk assessment for class trips. We'd love to include a mention of your resource, should you wish to share it!
    If you would like any more details don't hesitate to contact us.
    Thanks
    TES Resource team