1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Risk Assessment in an art room?

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by Tira, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Hi, I never write in forums, so this is a first! Does anyone have an up to date 'Risk Assessment' for art rooms in a secondary school please? I have been asked to create one. The more time I spend thinking about it, the more overboard I could go! Obviously the risks vary between using a batik pot or glue gun, compared to an HB pencil! Do you have to write down absolutely everything that appears to be common sense ....from counting knives in and out, holding a pair of scissors, swinging on a chair? A sharp pencil in the wrong hands could be more dangerous than a pair of scissors in someone elses! I really appreciate your help, thanks.

2. Hi, I never write in forums, so this is a first! Does anyone have an up to date 'Risk Assessment' for art rooms in a secondary school please? I have been asked to create one. The more time I spend thinking about it, the more overboard I could go! Obviously the risks vary between using a batik pot or glue gun, compared to an HB pencil! Do you have to write down absolutely everything that appears to be common sense ....from counting knives in and out, holding a pair of scissors, swinging on a chair? A sharp pencil in the wrong hands could be more dangerous than a pair of scissors in someone elses! I really appreciate your help, thanks.

3. NSEAD have some very good ones to adapt and use on their website. They cover a wide range of activities and risks.
    [​IMG]