1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Risk Assessment for visit abroad

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by addled13, Sep 8, 2011.

1. addled13

addled13 New commenter

Please does anyone have any advice about how they fund a staff visit to risk assess prior to a school visit abroad?

2. fionarh

fionarh New commenter

If you're going with a company, they may offer you accomodation. I have had 1 night paid for by the company, travel paid by school, but the rest came out of my own pocket

3. I organise a lot of trips abroad and invariably companies like NST etc will offer you a free inspection visit. This is sometimes in the form of an organised group when they're trying to promote a particular place, but more usually is in the form of one night accommodation (B&B). If you are lucky, they may provide you with a ferry ticket, but everything else should either be funded by you or the school. In our case we usually factor in the cost of the inspection visit into the overall price of the trip for the pupils.

4. addled13

addled13 New commenter

Thank you for your advice - and apologies for the very late reply - I have been told we are not allowed to add any inspection visit costs into the price for pupils, but it has been suggested that one alternative method is to use "satellite maps at street level". Needless to say, I don't think this visit will be going ahead!!!!!