1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Risidual

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by nraies, Oct 18, 2018.

1. nraies

nraies New commenter

hi great people...can any one please explain risidual ....in a simple way please

2. Jonntyboy

Jonntyboy New commenter

Sorry, I certainly cannot. I have never seen the word before.

Do you mean "residual". That is a normal word, and there should be dictionary definitions online. But if it isn't what you mean, or if it is and you are still struggling with understanding, please say so, ideally with a context, and I or someone else here will surely be happy to try to help.
    :)

3. veverett

veverett Occasional commenter

Two sorts of residual.
    1. How did pupils do compared to how they 'should' have done assuming that the rank order of their maths and English tests aged 11 'should' be the same as on your subject aged 16.
    2.How they did in your subject compared to their other subjects.

4. cathr

cathr New commenter

5. cathr

cathr New commenter

What a patronising response. Nraies may not be a native speaker, may have heard the word and tried to guess the meaning hence an inability to look it up in a dictionary. The more I go, the more I think that the problem with this profession is the lack of communication skills of its members. Empathy and compassion should be our main skills.

6. cathr

cathr New commenter

In my grumpiness I got my wording muddled up! I meant ' tried to guess the spelling'. Apologies.